Monday, October 19, 2015

A Trip to Harajuku




At the beginning of October, me and my friend Evelyn went out shopping a bit. We didn't start out intending to go to Harajuku, but we ended up in that area. My friend Evelyn has been to Japan a couple of times, so she knows her way around very well, and she's always nice enough to invite me out when she feels like exploring. So that night, we went out just the two of us to do some shopping!



The area we went to had a lot of high-end stores and interesting buildings! Here's some different buildings we encountered:



The first picture is a shop specializing in stationary. The second picture is actually a coffee shop, which is fairly well known. The coffee was good, but it wasn't very sweet like I'm used to (aka, Starbucks). Still, the venue was beautiful and my drink was good! 

The building with a bunch of mirrors is some sort of mall, but we didn't get a chance to go inside. But I couldn't resist taking a picture. The last picture is a train station, but it's famous for keeping its rural appearance. It's not a very good picture, but hopefully you get the idea.

The most amazing thing I found while shopping is the toy store. It had four floors--one dedicated to cute mascots, one dedicated to Disney and Star Wars (so much Star Wars), as well as a floor just for Ghibli and other anime merchandise. It offered a lot of opportunities for photo-ops.



We also found the Daiso, which is three (or four, I don't remember) floors tall! It has just about everything you'd need, for the regular Daiso price (100 yen, unless stated otherwise).

At the end of the night, we went to eat crepes. I got a peach and strawberry flavored one, and it had ice cream as well as fruit! It was delicious!


It was tons of fun, and I definitely want to go back to do more shopping sometime. We were adventuring around a bit late, so a lot of stores were closing by the time we grabbed our snack. Next time, I'll look around the place more thoroughly. And I absolutely want to go back to that toy store! That is some prime Christmas shopping opportunity.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a Halloween themed wrapper on your crepe. Do you get the feeling that Halloween is celebrated in Japan? Do you have any plans for Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how Halloween is celebrated exactly, but there are TONS of Halloween themed things. It's everywhere! But I'm not sure if they trick or treat, or something like that. I don't have any plans yet!

      Delete